Kelsey's Obsessions

Sunday, May 21, 2006

Noses, ER visits, and all that Jazz...

Yesterday, my cousin Emily got married. So, naturally it was a very busy day. Steve rented a UFC fight video, and so we were all settled into (as my dad calls it) a nice "relapse". I had just finished eating a good sized hunk of watermelon and was throwing away the rind when I heard a thump and a very loud scream. Naturally, my motherly instincts went into high gear and I ran to see what had happened. So for the second time in a month, Steve came walking towards me with a bleeding child. His nose was bleeding really badly and it was already starting to swell. His lip was huge, and he looked pretty bad (mostly due to the fact that he had blood smeared all over his face.)

We took him to the ER to check out the concussion...he was acting really loopy. He kept staring at his fingers and he wouldn't walk anywhere. This lasted for about an hour. Then, he went into major hyperdrive running all over the place. It turns out that he broke his nose (or at least, he broke the cartilage loose from the bone) and there is nothing to do but wait until the swelling goes down. At that point, we will be able to see if an x-ray is required. Apparently, they only do x-rays if the nose is visibly disfigured.

How did this happen, you ask? It was not, in fact, related to UFC. Some of you were thinking this, I'm sure. He was running around like a typical 19-month old boy and tripped on his shoes. This brought his face into direct contact with the side of the couch. It was not very pretty. I didn't get any pictures of the accident, because, naturally, the last thing I was thinking about was a picture. However, I will take a picture as soon as he wakes up and post it then.

1 Comments:

  • At 4:26 PM, Blogger Kiki said…

    I'm going to call you right now!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home