Unusual Anatomy
Today I was told for the second time in a week that I have "unusual anatomy". This apparently means that it is very difficult to get my bottom teeth numb to do dental work on them. The last time I went in to have those most unusual teeth worked on, they poked me no less than 35 times, after which I still felt almost everything that they were doing. So today I reminded them of our previous experience (which I thought would help) but I still got poked 30 times and I still felt most of what was happening. She poked me in the tooth, in the jaw, in the cheek, in the tooth again, in the gums, and nothig worked for the inside part of my tooth. The thing that really sucks about the whole thing is that those shots make your jaw hurt for almost a week after you get them.
So why is my anatomy so strange? I have no idea, but apparently she is able to shoot 90% of her patients in the jaw and have that numb their mouth completely. It's called a "mandibular block" and your tongue should be half-way numb when they do that. Needless to say, my tongue was never numb. I am going to research this strange phenomenon and get back to you shortly.
So why is my anatomy so strange? I have no idea, but apparently she is able to shoot 90% of her patients in the jaw and have that numb their mouth completely. It's called a "mandibular block" and your tongue should be half-way numb when they do that. Needless to say, my tongue was never numb. I am going to research this strange phenomenon and get back to you shortly.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home